1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
- 2 Chronicles 16:9a says “For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.”
- Psalm 34:7 says “The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.”
- Psalm 91:4 “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”
- Psalm 125:2 “As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forever.”
- Hebrews 4:15 “For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are–yet without sin.”
Temptation towards sin is common to all men, because all men are sinful, and all the world is fallen. Yet God in the midst of our sinfulness is faithful to those who fear him. The LORD loves his children. He remains faithful even when are faithless. We know of no other being like God. His faithfulness is unending and unequaled.