So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
- Read Romans 10 together as a family
How important is it to listen? It seems that how we listen has eternal consequences doesn't it? Faith (the connection point between us and Christ) is birthed through hearing. Not just any type of hearing though; but hearing through the word of Christ.
Questions for the kids
1. What does it mean to hear through the word of Christ?
2. Are there different types of hearing? (i.e. hearing crickets, or hearing music, or hearing gossip, or hearing preaching)
3. Are there appropriate and non-appropriate responses to these different types of hearing?
4. What are they?
5. What is the appropriate response to hearing the words of Christ?